Concussion Management & Opioid Use in Athletics
Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Physicians
7:00pm- 8:00pm: Opioids: Use, Abuse, and Addiction – Olabisi Asimolowo, MD, Summit Medical Group – Pain Management
8:00pm- 8:30pm: Comprehensive Neurological Approach to Concussion and Athlete Brain Health – Matthew McCarthy, MD, Summit Medical Group – Pediatric/Sports Neurology
8:30pm-9:00pm: Physical Therapy Management of Concussion – Owen Lennon, PT, DPT, OCS. Professional Physical Therapy.
9:00pm- 9:15pm: ATSNJ Business & Open discussion
- Participants will be able to discuss the risks of opioid abuse, use, and addiction.
- Participants will be able to understand and describe testing and evaluative tools, and how they inform exercise prescription following concussion.
- Participants will be able to Identify evidence based tools in rehabilitation post-concussion.
- Participants will be able to summarize the definition of concussion and post-concussion syndrome and contrast these two entities, and to determine the role of baseline neurological testing and determine the ideal approach to collecting baseline information.
2.0 Category A
Live Lecture via Virtual format
Level of Difficulty
- Injury/Illness Prevention and Wellness Protection
- Clinical Evaluation
- Immediate and Emergency Care
- Treatment and Rehabilitation
RSVP by November 16th to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Athletic Trainers’ Society Of New Jersey Inc. (P323) is approved the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 2.0 Category A hours/CEUs. Athletic Trainers should only claim those hours actually spent in the education program.